Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I see colours


Seasons are changing and I see the roads being filled the untouched leaves, brown and bare below my feet. I kicked them on the spur of the moment and I see how winter's given way to spring, followed by autumn. The walks in the evenings becoming a favorite pass-time as the flowers blooming, make the end of my very busy day.  Its almost like a homage to the season. My private time with nature. 

The soft chirping of the birds, imitating each other, flying their way home in the evening and making a very beautiful note of prayer as they dig into the trees that lay bare- now without the leaves. The parrots sharing that one last kiss as they make an announcing public display of affection. I wait to see a wood pecker, making a design deep into that bark and I picture them doing that everyday almost like a routine. 


 How we human beings have the advantage of a change! Perhaps being one of the privileged species where we can think and do what we want to do- perhaps within our means but the less we have the more we appreciate the finer things in life. Or perhaps do we learn from the lesser species? That determination towards a goal, the bond they have...all this sounds so simple yet so complicated in our world of materialism? And we move on with life wanting to achieve that MORE in life.  

3 comments:

  1. What a nice thought and a deeper meaning to end that, you are a great writer and one day whole world will know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels as if i m growing up reading your blogs. Its a treat to read you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Observation and expression..these are two key requirements for a good writer...Seems like you observe and express it well in your writings..that may be romance, nature..or related to army.

    Kudos! Add more variety in your writing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think about my post. Let's connect!