Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Top 5 Bollywood Music 2015



The year had truly went by quickly and all I could think of was music and of course the most awaited Bollywood movies. Somehow I do characterise a move with its music and I have come to the conclusion that I did find my top ten favourites.

Dum Lagake Haisha no doubt had the most haunting songs with Anu Malik doing a commendable job of actually being original and not giving in to the fads of item songs. Thanks god for the peppy number SUNDAR SUSIL...I just love that song. Even heard it playing at weddings and tapped a foot of two here and there. The other one is MOH MOH KE DHAAGE which is undoubtedly sung by two most talented singers- PAPON and MOULI THAKUR.


Badlapur surprised many and shocked a few. And the song JEENA has just taken my breath away. Wondering how Atif Aslam gets better every year. Obviously not in the league of the usual singers, I vote this song as an all time favourite of mine!

Tamasha, though a little over the head, was a movie that would motivate many. Like Rockstar, Ranbir Kapoor choose a very different script to work with, his grandfather being an inspiration for sure. Obviously theater in his veins, he just rocked my world with the music in the movie. The sad number-  Andheri Raatein and Agar Tum Ho is sure to make you cry cry and..well, cry. Breakup- no good man!


Dil Dharakne Do, though a very, how do I put it lightly, very low brainless movie of 2015, didn't have much of the music to talk about. Although my workout sessions loved the lovey-dovey song PEHLI BAAR. Its just a song, you have to hear, dance your heart out and save it on your playlist forever!


Tanu Weds Manu Returns, was a great rib ticking dramatic comedy. And that one song that did make my day was BANNO- SWAG. The bonus was Kangna who is my all time favourite heroine who really has the guts to do what her heart says. Of course the movie is a bonus. I did miss the haunting music of its prequel but then i am sure the pressure of a good script surpassed and I am pretty happy with my choice.

What 2015 had was not much to work with and I am looking forward to adding a few more numbers in my playlist. I am more of a listener than a watcher, so I collect music in my database forever. What I like about the list is that, nothing sounds the same and the variety and the creativity of our music directors is commendable.

If you want to add some of your favourite music then go ahead and tag me in the comments. I would like some more music, some more talented pieces to hear in the year 2016!



This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think about my post. Let's connect!